BRAT AAA Awards 2020
Despite this being a year when most of our athletes haven’t competed, some have taken part in the limited competitions that have taken place and were rewarded by achieving Amateur Athletic Association (AAA) standards. The AAA Standards are set to recognise performance across age group and event. The standards are set every two years and reflect that the top 7.5% of performances would attain a Grade 1 Standard; the top 15% of performances a Grade 2 Standard; the top 30% a Grade 3 Standard; the top 65% a Grade 4 Standard.
10 BRAT athletes achieved standards, and were presented with their certificates and badges at a socially distanced event at the track on Tuesday 8th December. Congratulations to the following athletes, and thank you to Ruth, Gordon and Chris for organising it.
- Senior Men David Lima for 100m 10.66 at Lisbon on 08.08.20
- Senior Men David Lima for 200m 21.60 at Lisbon on 01.08.20
- U15 Tywana Kuluziza for 60m 8.19 at Birmingham on 09.02.20; also Standard 3 for 100m 12.99 at Nuneaton on 19.08.20; also Standard 4 for 200m 27.93 at Nuneaton on 09.08.20
- U15 Lily Smith for long jump 5.04 at Birmingham on 08.02.20; also Standard 4 for 60m 8.57 at Birmingham on 09.02.20; also Standard 4 for 100m 13.29 at Dagenham 23.08.20
- U15 Mali Lloyd-Griffiths for long jump 5.02 at Nuneaton on 30.08.20; also Standard 3 for 60m 8.33 at Birmingham on 09.02.20; also Standard 4 for 100m 13.42 at Nuneaton on 19.07.20; also Standard 4 for 200m 27.5 at Rugby on 05.09.20
- Senior Men Henry Brocklehurst for 3000m 8:40.69 at Nuneaton on 20.09.20
- U15 Jamie Keene for 800m 2:10.35 at Nuneaton on 20.09.20
- U15 William Walker for 800m 2:15.79 at Nuneaton on 20.09.20
- U15 Jamie Callaghan for discus 26.03 at Nuneaton on 30.08.20
- U13 Niklas Van Mourik for 1500m 5:05.78 at Nuneaton on 04.10.20
- U15 Eve Godsal for 60H 9.91 at Birmingham on 09.02.20
Standards can be found at the following link https://england-athletics-prod-assets-bucket.s3.amazonaws.com/2019/06/AAA-Standards-Scheme-Booklet-2019-2020.pdf